BONE GROWTH STIMULATION
Bone Growth Stimulators are portable, battery-powered medical devices indicated for use in the non-invasive treatment of an established non-union or delayed union fracture acquired secondary to trauma, excluding all vertebrae and flat bones. The device has the following features:
- Easy to use and non-invasive
- Light-weight and comfortable
- Requires simple, one-button operation
- Device is worn for only 30 minutes per day
- Can be used with internal or external fixation or over a cast
This treatment has been shown in pre-clinical studies to help the body's own healing process begin working. Clinical studies have shown an increased chance of healing of 60.7% in patients with non-union fractures that averaged 29.3 months from injury. Registry data on over 2300 patients reports a heal rate of 75.1%.